Fun Things to Do at The Grand Sunset – Beach Hotel Gili Air
If you’re on the lookout for the kind of beach hotel Gili Air residents are proud to recommend, The Grand Sunset should be on top of your list. When you are a guest at The Grand Sunset, there is never a dull moment as there is always something worth checking out.
- Diving – There is no better way to experience Gili Air than to go underwater! Stand as witness to the beauty and abundance of the aquatic life in the depths of the Bali Sea. Swim with sea turtles, pipe fish, parrot fish, reef sharks, and more. With scuba diving, you can explore the depths of the Bali Sea but you have to wear diving equipment as protection.
- Free Diving – Ever thought about descending to 20 meters on only one breath? Our certified Apnea Free diving instructors can show you how.
- Snorkelling – If scuba diving sounds a bit too much for you, why not try snorkelling? With snorkelling, you do not have to go deep down in the sea. You can admire the fish and turtles from the surface while wearing a mask and snorkel.This is a wonderful activity that can be enjoyed by the entire family!
- Yoga – Be one with the “flow” and harmonize your body, mind and spirit. Clear your mind of its own clutter, while keeping your body strong and flexible. Wherever you are in your yoga practice, our Yoga instructors will help you find your center.
- Paddle board Rentals – Want to explore the surrounding turquoise waters of Gili Air island on your own? Rent a stand-up paddle board and make your way around the shoreline. You can go on a paddle board race with friends and family. Some have even tried paddle boarding from one island to another, so indulge and have fun!
- Kitesurfing – Gili Air has plenty of fantastic windy spots that are just perfect for kite surfing. The wide beach is great for launching. Wind and ocean conditions are ideal for kite surfing. Learn how to regulate your speed and move across the water with the wind on your shoulder through kitesurfing lessons.
- Cycling – You do not have to be an experienced cyclist to ride Gili Air bicycles. In fact, it is the most common and widely enjoyed form of transportation among Gili Air locals and tourists. You can traverse the sealed bicycle paths or pedal your way around the island by following shoreline, which has a circumference of about five kilometers, in about an hour and a half. The Grand Sunset guest can leisurely cruise around the island via the hotel’s bike rentals.
- Horse Back Riding – Explore the island via horse back! One of the most beautiful and peaceful activities to do during sunset. No experience necessary.
- The Subwing – Ever dreamed of swimming like a dolphin? Explore the stunning coral gardens of the Gili Islands while gliding through the water like a fish! When was the last time you did something for the very first time?https://youtu.be/PNvqHRApNCo
- Catching the Sunset – As the hotel’s name suggests, watching the sunset is indeed a grand and magical experience best shared with a loved one. See Mount Agung in clear view, with the golden rays of the sun complementing the horizon. It is definitely something worth doing at least once during your stay.